Sustainability and Transformation Partnership
Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin’s Sustainability and Transformation Partnership (STP) brings together health and social care organisations across the county.
We are a partnership of NHS and local government organisations, alongside independent and voluntary sector groups, working closely to transform health and care services to deliver world class care which meet current and future needs of our rural and urban populations.
In Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin, we started our journey by building on the plans we published in 2016 which have since continued to develop to reflect local priorities, the views of the people who use and provide services, elected representatives and local voluntary and community organisations. We looked more closely at the needs of local people today to understand what is important to them now and what local health and care services should look like in the next five to 10 years.
What we what to achieve:
Together as one, we want to transform the health and care across Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin by:
- Providing a greater emphasis on prevention and self-care
- Helping people to stay at home with the right support with fewer people needing to go into hospital
- Giving people better health information and making sure everyone gets the same high quality care
- Utilising developing technologies to fuel innovation, supporting people to stay independent and manage their conditions
- Attracting, developing and retaining world class staff
- Involving and engaging our staff, local partners, carers, the voluntary sector and residents in the planning and shaping of future services
- Developing an environmentally friendly health and care system
Working more closely than ever before and building on our historical legacy of innovation within the county, it is our vision to transform health and care services to deliver world class care which meets current and future needs of our rural and urban populations.
We want all our residents in Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin – children, adults of working age, and older people, to live in good health for a long as possible throughout their life. We will help them to live independent lives with a greater emphasis on preventing illness and staying well, but also providing the right care when and where they need it.
|Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin STP Long Term Plan 2016-2021
|Shropshire, Telford & Wrekin STP Website